Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meet the Teacher

Hi everybody!
     Cara over at First Grade Parade has started an awesome Linky Party!  It's a 'Meet the Teacher' Linky Party. Now we can spend even more time learning about our favorite teacher friends and meet some new ones just like me!


   Here's a little about me ... (Although I didn't think I had much of a life!)
  
 I love living in Florida. Just can't get enough of the sunny days. When the sun isn't out, I am sad! I've been a teacher for 11 years. 4 years teaching 4th grade and 7 years in first. I LOVE first grade! What an amazing year for child development!!


You have just entered the Way-Back Machine. Can you guess which one is me? Aright, alright! I'm sitting in the front row fourth from the left. Don't you just LOVE my Esprit outfit and saddle shoes? Yep, I'm a product of the 80's. This is a picture of my fourth grade class. Fourth grade was the year that I realized I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. Mrs. Chuddy was our teacher and I loved her. She was the first teacher to think of us as individuals and differentiated her instruction to fit our needs. I could care less about school until I had her as a teacher. She made me want to be a better student. She made me want to grow up to be just like her!


Here I am now. Although I think I was way cuter at 9 years old. I'm terribly short so my poor husband has to bend down low to get to my level. Scotty and I have been married since 2005, but we've been back together since 2001. Did you notice I said "back?" Scott and I first met in high school. We met in (Wait For It ...) Band.  We dated for a while before and during college. We broke up for a few years and found each other again when I was soooo lost in Orlando. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. He's the best.
I'm the third of four children. My sister is the oldest and she always acted like she was an only child. She is a teacher, too. A KINDERGARTEN teacher (brave soul!) But for the record, I wanted to be a teacher first. Jill went to college for architecture and changed her major her second year. I love being a part of a semi-big family. I can't imagine not having my brothers and sister. They are all grown up and have children of their own. I'm the only one without kids. :( You'd think with seven grandchildren my mom would stop bugging me about kids, but that is not so.
Here's some of my nieces during a sleep over. Aren't they adorable? I love them so much. I'm a lucky Aunty. My nieces and nephews are a huge part of my life. If I'm not at school or with Scotty, you can find me with them.


Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                              
A:  I would be hanging out with my mom taking care of my nieces and nephews. Hopefully, if I'm not teaching it's because I won the lottery. Then, I'd be flossing in my mansion with my love and my babies. 

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                     
A:  I don't know if this counts as a hobby, but I love to go the movies.  Summertime is the best because I have time to go to the theater. My husband and I have over 300 movies downloaded on our Apple TV and I love them all.                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                      
A:  Before I was 9, I was sure I was going to be an actress. Then, I met my 4th grade teacher who changed my mind.
    
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                   
 A: Crappy reality television, Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids, and Daddy Day Care.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                        
 A: This is my absolute biggest fear: Losing my husband. His father passed at the age of 31, so I'm always a nervous wreck about his health. After that, I'm afraid of life. I'm a big wuss. Although, insects don't bug me at all.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                    
 A: The Keys.  I'm a Florida girl (southern Florida on the east coast) and yet I love to go visit the Keys as much as I can.
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  Stop eating anything containing Gluten! Saved my life, I tell ya.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                    
A:  Honesty. Don't lie to me, I can tell. I'm a first grade teacher. I can spot BS a mile away!
Also, I value the power of Love. Loving others, loving what you do, loving your country.
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                         
A: My work ethic. Man, do I have to deal with too many lazy, apathetic people. It drives me nuts. They can get the great personality from my better half!      

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                                
A:  Let's see.... This is a tricky one. A round table with Prince, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Benjamin Franklin, Madeleine Albright, and Sandra Bullock.  That sounds like a good time, right?

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I was a in the Color Guard. I twirled a Flag with the band. I NEVER wanted to join the guard, but some of my girl friends were going to the try-outs so I decided to join them. I can toss a flag like its nobodies business. Who knew I'd spend the majority of my time in high school in the Band Room? Also, I am a huge Florida Gators fan, but I HATED going to school there. I dropped out my first year. Miserable. I was totally miserable. I went to the '96 Olympics in Atlanta and it was one of the best experiences ever. If you have the means and the time, go to an Olympics. It is magical!!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing. totshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete