Friday, February 11, 2011

I LOVE my iTouch!

Hi everybody!
     This year I am very lucky to have been awarded a class set of iPod iTouches. I have to admit I was extremely nervous about allowing my firsties to handle these $300 devices. However, I have seen what my 2 year old niece and nephew can do with their parents' iPhones, so I knew anything was possible.
     Our district wanted us to find as many free apps as possible, but I wasn't having much luck in that department.  I decided to buy myself an iTunes gift card and buy the apps I really wanted.


App #1: Big Words




This app rocks! It is a very simple concept. Black background and you can type words to display on your iPod. 
We use this app all the time. It is great to use during word building lessons. No more pain in the butt plastic letters or letter cards to mess with. It's easy to use during small group guided reading lessons and again as response clickers for whole group lessons for math, science, etc.  The best thing about this app is that all of my children have a voice. They get to respond and not sit back in the shadows. Everyone gets to be a part of the lessons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog! I love it! I also love my iPod touch!! It is my own personal Ipod, but I have been thinking about taking it into my classroom! You have given me many ideas!

    THANK YOU!

    misspaxson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete