Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blogging in 1st Grade

So, I'm pretty new to the blogging scene, but I am hooked already. I have spent countless hours this past month visiting blogs. Everyone is so talented and unique. For about two years, I've been bombarded with various media outlets shouting about all of the terrible, ineffective teachers. Then, I see your blogs and I feel camaraderie and hope.
  
 Anyway, I've had such fun blogging and visiting blogs that I thought, "Why not the kids?" So, on my teacher website I have added a page for blogging. I taught my students how to find my website, add it to their favorites, and locate the blog page. 

I read the kiddos the first blog post and showed them how to add a comment. It was about Valentine's Day. They went to their stations and added their responses and waited for my approval.

After I approved their comments, we all gathered together and read each other's comments. It was so cute. I've started a new post for tomorrow, and I can't wait for them to blog again!

No comments:

Post a Comment