Monday, January 30, 2012

I Have Been TAGGED

Yesterday, our wireless router decided it didn't want to do its job anymore. Good for nothing, piece of .... grumble, grumble, grumble!  
Anyway, it has been mildly REALLY annoying!
Can I respond to comments? - NO
Can I read other posts? - NO
Can I write my own post? - NO
Can I find more fun stuff to pin? - NO

I have my phone, but let's just say it has its limitations.

Yesterday, I was tagged by Delighted {sorry, I don't know your first name?!?} at First Grade Delight and today I was tagged by Sheri at 1st Grade ROCKS!!!.

I feel like I MUST tag back before I run out of bloggers to tag. I hate to be IT for this long!

First of all, I must post the rules.


1) You must post the rules.
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4) Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5) Let them know you've tagged them!

12 Fun Facts About Me

After reading the rules, I realized that I have to share 12 new facts about myself, I had to stop and think. Are there 12 new things I can share about myself? 12 is a lot! I'm not that interesting. Alright Andi, think! You have layers. Peel them back. 
These might not be fun facts, folks, but hear we go:

1) I love to go shopping. Any kind of shopping: clothing, books, art, shoes, houses, crafts, antiques, make-up, hardware, cards, food (farmers market food - not the grocery store). You name it and I'll probably have oodles of fun shopping for it. I can shop by myself, with my mom, with my bestie, or with my sweet hubbie (my favorite partner in crime.) Shopping is one of my favorite things to do.

2) I refuse to get my nails painted. {fingers and toes}  NOT GONNA DO IT! It grosses me out. Do NOT touch my them. EVER! Yuck!

3)  I've been using a computer since as long as I can remember (like 4 or 5 years old, people.) My parents had an Apple waaayyy back when they first came out. Over the years, I have always used an Apple computer of some sorts. Using a PC is foreign to me.

4) I'm TERRIBLE at parking! Like super awful. I have panic attacks when I have to find a parking spot at a really crowded lot. God forbid, I have to parallel park. I usually end up crying and putting my JEEP in park, which is now taking up half of the road perpendicularly and blocking traffic, and my husband has to take over to rescue me. It's pathetic.

5) I do not have a stomach for mean people or confrontation. I've been grade-level chair (or team leader) for quite some time now and I have had to deal with some teachers who weren't very nice to me. Once, I'd asked for some paperwork that was due - rather, past due because I HAD to turn it in to the office and I was verbally accosted by her. This was about 3 or 4 years ago, and I am still bothered by this teacher's actions. I love me team now. They are so much more pleasant and easy going. :)

Oh, my goodness, I'm only at Fact 6! This is so difficult.

6) I really don't think I'd be a good parent, despite what I've been told. No problem with the Love Factor - it's everything else.

7) I love the outdoors and being outside, however, I will NOT camp and you can't make me, EVER! Give me a bed, a bathroom, and a hotel key, and I'll be fine.

8) I worked at a small locally owned toy-store during my college years. It was just me and the owner. I loved it! I learned how to use the yo-yo, juggle, the names of most Pokemon and Thomas the Tank Engine characters.

9) I was a nerd in high school and college. I got good grades and never skipped school. Well, I skipped school, but I used my Journalism badge, so officially it was legally leaving school campus.

10) I share the same birthday as Garfield the cat. He is two years younger than me.

11) I was married in my parent's backyard by my best friend's father. He is a Lutheran Pastor {not just some shmoe who can marry people.} I payed a total of $5 for my wedding dress. My best friend, Sara, played the music. She is a professional Oboist and an excellent musician. We only had about 25 guests. It was small, but perfect. Not a big deal and everyone who was there wanted to be there. That's my style.

12) I've probably watched Star Wars 4, 5, & 6 a BILLION times. I know the words better than my husband. I not a Star Wars nerd, but I really loved the movies. 

Yay! I'm done. Now I need to answer the questions from Delighted and Sheri.

Questions from Delighted:

1. Do you have to sign in and out when you arrive and leave school? (included lunch)
Technically, yes, we are supposed to sign out every time we leave campus during work hours. Do I always forget to sign out - YES!

2. What is your favorite snack?
My favorite snack is cheese and gluten-free crackers.

3. What time do you usually get to work?
I roll in around 8:10-ish. 8:05, if I'm lucky.

4. What is your dream vacation?
Bora Bora, like in Couple's Retreat.

5. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Loaded question! I love so many!! 
Male - George Clooney and Will Ferrell 
Female - Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep 

6. Have you ever had a bad habit that you have now overcome?
Not yet, I'm still working on the "Chronically Late" to things problem I have.

7. Is there a smell that you can't tolerate?
SAUERKRAUT = Disgusting!

8. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Go Gators, all the way. Any and all University of Florida teams.

9. What's your favorite type of music?
I'm pretty well-rounded musically. I have favorites in all categories even Grind Core. There are some musicians and sounds I don't care for, but I won't shun an entire genre because of one crappy artist.

10. What annoys you more than anything?
People who don't pick up their feet when they walk.
       
 11. What is you favorite children's book?
I have a MILLION favorites. Right now, I'm digging Pete the Cat.

12. How long have you been teaching?
This is my 12th year teaching elementary school, but I've been schooling fools for 35 years.   
  
Questions from Sheri:
1. Were you excited to be tagged?
Heck ya! I don't have a bloggy BFF, yet. I feel like I might be missing out sometimes.
 
2. What are you doing right now while trying to write this post?
Waiting my my hubby to get home to make my dinner!
3. What subject do you feel like you ROCK at teaching and why?
Gosh, I still feel like I can improve on so many things. I learn new techniques every year. Okay, I guess I ROCK at inspiring. I can be contagious, you know.
4. What grades have you taught?
I have taught 4th and 1st grades.
5. Who is the person that you go to for help when you need support at school?
My mom! She's our school computer lab manager and is my lifesaver all of the time.
6. Do you have a lot of after school meetings?
Ugggghhhh! Yes, way too many meetings. I loathe them. And yet, we (the teachers) always feel left in the dark sometimes.
7. What do you do for reading interventions?
Fundations, baby! It's my life.

8. What is your favorite blog post?
Tough Question Girlie! I enjoyed sharing my classroom since it is my home away from home.

9. Do you like comments on your blog posts?
YES, I wish I would get more. Some bloggers get TONS of comments and it makes me sad that I have 500+ followers and rarely get over 8 comments. What am I doing wrong? Am I a stinky writer? Are my shares not worth commenting? 
10. Are you a coffee person?
No, it wrecks my stomach. I prefer hot tea.
11. What is your favorite show to watch on television?
Sooooo many! I love Archer, Parks and Recreations, The League, Grey's, Private Practice, Revenge, and I REALLY miss Brothers and Sisters.
12. What great book have you read lately? 
Not much of a fiction reader during the school year, the last book I read was The Mockingjay (3rd Hinger Games book.)
      
My 12 Questions:
1. What is you favorite blog to read?
2. Do you feel like having a TPT or TN store is worth your efforts?
3. What is your favorite game to play?
4. Would you like to meet some bloggy friends in real life for a conference?
5. Who inspired you to become a teacher?
6. Have you been a TOY? {Teacher of the Year}
7. Do you have a Facebook account and are you on it as often as you are reading blogs?
8. What is your favorite hobby?
9. Do you have any pets? {kids don't count!}
10. Do you still live in your hometown or did you move away?
11. Target or Walmart?
12. If you were in charge, what major change would you make in public education?
 
My 12 Tagged Blogs:

Mrs. Alaniz at Teaching in Cute Shoes
Deanna {because she's awesome!} at Mrs. Jump's Class
Lory at Lory's Page
Abby at The Inspired Apple - p.s. I DYING to get your sweetheart snatcher activity!!
and
Mrs. Hodson at Today in First Grade


Y'all have a great week!
 


10 comments:

  1. Love it Andi!!!!
    I can relate on SO many levels:) $5 on a wedding dress???? Girl....you are some kind of shopper!!! Oh, and by the way.....I REALLY miss Brothers and Sisters also:(
    Sheri
    1st GRADE ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Brothers and Sisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on the camping thing and shuffling feet :) GF crackers? Me too. I've been GF for more than 12 years and feel so much better. Take care!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sauerkraut! My mom made it for us at least once a week when I was growing up. Maybe I acquired a taste for it. It does have a rather strong smell to it. :-)

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I will be your bloggy BFF! I lurve your blog!

    -Ms. Thomas

    The First Grade Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hold on! Read more in-depth...are you a gluten free girl? If so let's share tips! I have been with celiac for almost two years now!

    -Ms. Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uuugghh! I just came over here to tell you that I tagged you on my blog only to find out you had been tagged! Anyway come over to my blog to check it out! LOVE your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is comment #9! Yay, you are over the 8 hump (at least for this post)! I feel like that too... I post stuff and hardly ever get comments. It makes me feel like what I post isn't helpful!

    Anyways, LOVE Grey's and PP- and I miss B&S too!

    ...wasn't The Hunger Games a.maz.ing? There is a void in my life where reading those books used to be!

    Mrs. Thompson

    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete