Saturday, September 10, 2011

My First Award!

I've had the longest Saturday! Scott and I had to wake up super early to head up to Orlando for my nieces sporting events. One had a crew Open House event and the other had a volley ball tournament. Wow, what an ordeal sports are! They are both club or comp. team sports, so the events were a pretty big to-do.

Now, I've never been involved in sports {unless high school band counts.} These were cultures, I was NOT familiar with. It was like a little sociology learning experience for me. Very interesting... says the band nerd.

Anyway, I was totally stoked to come home and read in my e-mails that Mrs. Geary from Light a Candle blog has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! Too cool! I've noticed awards floating around lately, but I never thought in a million years that my name would come to someone's mind. Thank you, Mrs. Geary! I love it!



Please make sure to read and become a follower of her blog, Light a Candle. It's great!

Here are the rules of the award:

*Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
*Share 7 things about yourself.
*Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs. 




7 things about me:

1. I'm a television addict. My mom used to call me the "Walking TV Guide." I don't think that is anything to be proud of, but I love crappy television. ALL OF IT! Currently, my husband is going to kill me because I have spent this entire summer watching Cheers reruns non-stop! :)

2. I hate to exercise {or play sports - especially anything involving balls} but I love to run.

3. I have celiac disease, so I can't eat anything containing gluten. Total drag!!  

4. I can't cook at all. If Scott didn't feed me, I wouldn't eat!  

5. I am very codependent. I couldn't live without my sweet husband, my mom, my dad, my fur babies, my sister, my nieces and nephews, my bff, my parents' dog, Chewy. Oh, the list goes on and on...

6. I secretly wish to have a SMART Board in my house. I'd use it every day!

7. I can be really immature at times. Like, certain names make me laugh or think of really inappropriate jokes. 
For instance,
"Amanda" - Amanda Hug and Kiss
"Penelope" - Is really pronounced PEEN-OE-LOPE
"Eddie" - In my head, I think of the Eddie Murphy joke where he says "Eddie! Pay Me My Money! I want HALF, EDDIE!"


My Top 15 Blogs:
Check 'em out, Yo!

1. Mrs. D @ The Silver Lining

2. Mrs. Ibarra @ Always First Grade

3. Shelly @ Asprec's Apple

4. Lori @ Bee the Change

5. Robynn & SueBeth @ Busy Bees


7. Miss Griffin @ Fantastic First





12. Jamie @ this kind of love


14. The Ladies of The Lemonade Stand

15. Ms. Thomas @ The First Grade Jungle

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for choosing me as one of your top blogs! I can't believe it!!! :) I'm so excited!

    P.S. Too funny about having a Smart board in your house...my husband wishes we had one so he could watch ESPN and sports on it all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andi,
    Thanks for the award! You really made my day! I'm sorry about the celiac disease. Another teacher at my school has it too. :(
    I also secretly want a smart board in my house to use every day. It would be so fun. I also want one in my classroom...maybe some day. Thanks again for the award. I love it. I'll post sometime this week.
    Claire
    www.firstgradesmarties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi,

    Wow! I almost choked upon sipping my coffee as my jaw dropped to the ground! I am so honored and touched by your award! Thank you! I am new to the blogger world as of July, so this to me is HUGE! Now I know how my kids feel when they get recognition. You made my weekend! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Kim from :
    http://starbucksstandardssharpies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andi!
    Thanks for choosing my little old 25 follower blog to receive your award!!! I did a little "Happy Dance" in my dining room! I am working on the post to thank you!
    BTW---I was a total band geek too and my 7th grade son just made the modified boys volleyball team so I am getting a crash course in being a "sports mom". Wish me luck!

    Lori
    http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi! You are so sweet! You also made my day! This award just motivates us even more to coninue what we are doing. Thank you so much!

    Tiffany
    thelemonadestandteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it along to me :)

    I'm lucky my hubby likes to cook because I can't cook either!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete