Monday, September 2, 2013

September Currently

Nothing screams the beginning of Fall like sticky humidity and sweltering heat!
Ah, the joys of living in southern Florida.

We get all of those catalogs in the mail that show lovely brown boots and puffy vests.
We laugh as we know that we will have to wait a good three, four, maybe five months before we could ever think of enjoying these fall beauties.

As much as I love living in Florida, I always feel a little sad right now wishing that I could participate in the season known as Autumn.

But I digress,  there are much more pressing issues to attend to and Farley's "Currently" is one of them!
I am very excited to say that I may be joining in on Farley's monthly linky before it reaches 100! Woot, Woot!

Here is my Currently:


*Listening - Normally when I wake up I listen to the news while I get ready, but this morning has been a tad bit lazy and a Parks and Recreations marathon was too good to pass up. Nothing makes me laugh harder than listening to Andy Dwyer. He's my all time favorite!

*Loving - I get these weekly updates in my email about my growing baby and it is so stupid but they bring me such joy. I love reading about his weekly developments and how close we are to meeting him. I am nervous but overall REALLY EXCITED!

*Thinking - I have so much work to do to prepare for my maternity leave on top of my regular work load. I am still the grade level chair for my team this year (I have NO IDEA WHY THEY WOULD PICK ME!!!) but this job requires additional meetings, paperwork, and presentations that I need to do. In addition, I was asked to present a workshop on how to use the SMART Notebook software this week and I should really get a handout prepared for this, too. I need an assistant, STAT!

*Wanting - Kindergarten is a very unique grade to teach. I do love my Kinders, but they are tough to take sometimes. On the flip side, I am in LOVE with first grade. That is my home, my niche. However, my school is mostly departmentalized and so for two hours of my day I teach the Kinders. AHHHH! My teammate and I have nine major discipline problems and three who have never been to school at all! It is bonkers! One of them insists on calling us "Teacher." It isn't cute either. I'm over it! I'll give them a solid and say they have improved overall in the past nine days, but it hasn't been an easy road. "No, David," ain't got nothing over some of these guys!

*Needing - I am really not going to elaborate on this one. The bottom line is the basketball bouncing on my bladder isn't doing me any favors lately.

Well that's all for now. My parents are taking me to breakfast - YIPEE! I'm so spoiled.

Please join in on the linky fun at Farley's blog:




3 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on your little "butternut squash" bundle of joy! I bet you are over the moon excited to meet your little boy! However, the amount you must have to do to prep and be grade level chair must be so overwhelming! Sending some good luck with those crazy kinders you have! I'm sure it will all work out soon!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby! There's a parks and rec marathon?! I need to watch it!!
    I teach kinder as well this year - it definitely can be tough but rewarding. Hope you get a handle on all your jobs an assistant would be a good idea ;)

    Amber
    SSSTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! and good luck on getting your little cuties trained... I can't imagine teaching kinder it is a job for special people!!! thanks fo linking up :)

    ReplyDelete