Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

Well, it has been a different kind of Saturday for me. First, I was awoken at around 4:30am in the morning to a howling little kitty. I was just about to nudge Mr. Spouse and tell him to feed the cats when I noticed he wasn't sleeping next to me. The first thought in my head was that Scott had fallen ill and was passed out on the floor in the living room and my little Gus was having a Lassie moment and tried to tell me to go help him.
Yah... I totally got that wrong.
I hobbled out into the living to find, not a dying husband on the floor, but an awake husband playing on the computer because he couldn't sleep. So, I turned around to go back to bed. Then, the darn cat was howling again and this time he jumped on the bed and curled up on my chest. I'm like, "What is wrong with you?" He hasn't slept on my chest since he was a really little guy. But as I tried to fall back asleep I heard it... the rain. It was coming down pretty hard. Gus usually isn't afraid of the rain, but we have had hard pounding rain for the past two days. I guess he must think the giants are coming to get us or something. Whatever it is, he is spooked!
I went back to sleep and got a few more hours of shut eye {with Gus on my chest, my head, under the sheets next to my arm, he could not stay still!}
By lunch time, Scott and I decided to brave the storm. We had some errands to run and didn't want to put them off any longer. It was raining pretty hard, so we didn't do too well in the "staying dry" department.
One of our errands was to the local book store. We were stuck in there for a long time because it was raining sideways. My feet were soooo cold. Flip flops were a bad choice in footwear. While I was in the children's section, I noticed they had a Christmas aisle put together. Now, I am in-like with Halloween, but I am in-LOVE with Christmas! I was so excited to see some new Christmas books that I MUST have for this season:

We just love the Bad Kitty books! The book is called, A Bad Kitty Christmas, and it is written by Nick Bruel.

I read Aliens love Underpants last year and thought it was hysterical! Mrs. Jump had some really cute activities to go with that story, too. Now they have a brand new story for Christmas! In the first book, the aliens steal the underpants. In this book, the aliens give away underpants. They put underpants on the elves and the reindeer. It is too cute!
I can't wait for Christmas time!!!

Speaking of Christmas, check out Ms. Preppy's blog



She's organizing a Teacher Blog Christmas Exchange and it looks like a lot of fun! Click {here} to learn more.


---~~~---~~~---~~~----~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------~~~~~~~---------


Let's move on to something fun! I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Crunch on Landee See Landee Do's blog and I knew I just had to make it! I love pumpkin pie, but I haven't found a Gluten Free pie crust that I am over the moon for. I always drool for the pumpkin pie my family gets to eat on Thanksgiving and I cannot. Not ANYMORE says I. This recipe uses cake mix! I have found a cake mix that I like, yipee! It was on like Donkey Kong. After a very wet trip to the grocery store and about 90 minutes later, I had my very own Pumpkin Crunch!
It doesn't look great, but it tastes awesome!
It was sooo good. I'm not going to lie and tell you that I only had one serving of the crunch. Okay, we had two. I blame my Boo, he's an enabler.


To get the recipe for Pumpkin Crunch click {here.}
Even if you don't love pumpkin pie, you will LOVE how good your house smells! 
Welcome Fall!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Also, I have to throw in this picture of one of my little cuties.
 He was ready for the rain AND for Fire Safety week!




Every time it rains he wears that red, old lady visor. I'm not quite sure how well it keeps his head dry, but he loves it. Ha!

6 comments:

  1. I'm just in-like with Halloween too...I was shopping a couple of weeks ago and thought, geez...Halloween already?! But didn't hesitate to buy some Christmas decorations that very same day!

    Thanks for helping spread the word about Holly Bloggy Christmas!! :)

    Caitlin
    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this and now I need to go get those books! The "old lady visor" cracked me up!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rained here today too - the first rain in months! Hubby and I did the bookstore thing as well, plus had a cozy soup/salad lunch at Atlanta Bread Company. There is just something about rain that is soothing!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe. I have Celiac too. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog!! Raining side-ways! I haven't seen rain like that since growing up in Illinois (Utah living doesn't give ya much rain.) Your kitty story cracked me up! Thanks for sharing the books. I was at the bookstore yesterday, too. And that pumpkin recipe looks dang good!

    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for entering the giveaway Andi! I am a new happy follower of your blog!! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete